Kitchen and Bath Remodel Projects using Cambria
By Nancy August 16th, 2013
Many of our clients ask us about, and we often recommend, Cambria countertops for their kitchen and bath projects. Why do we like it? Lots of reasons! First of all, though, what is it? Cambria is not a natural stone, but it is made from natural stone. In a nutshell, it’s approximately 93% pure quartz combined with pigments and resins. We like it because:
- It’s beautiful! There are monochromatic looks, marbled designs, jewel tones, some colors that have metallic flecks. We can always find a selection that will enhance the look we want to achieve.
- Pricing. All of the colors are the same price. We can bring the whole sample box to a client and not have to worry that they’ll fall in love with the colors that are out of their budget.
- Made in Minnesota. Need I say more?
- Easy maintenance. It’s non-porous, doesn’t need to be sealed, and you’d have to try pretty hard to scratch it or stain it. Wipe it down with warm soapy water and you’re done.
- Lesser environmental impact. Yes, the quartz comes from a mine, but the mines are primarily in North America so it’s not shipped from halfway around the world. The water used in fabrication is recycled, and any waste materials are ground up and used in local road construction!
You can check out Cambria’s website for more information: www.cambriausa.com